Browse articles by category or topic, or choose an article from the index below.
- Rendezvous With RegretWriting about my favorite run of the ski season was impossible without also incorporating my most significant failure. A revelation from a respected friend helped me move past my regret.
- Epic Midweek Powder DayI’m writing a book about my first ski season at Snowbird. This excerpt describes one of my favorite days from that season.
- The Honopu Ridge TrailA hike on an unmarked, unmaintained trail to an amazing view of Kauai’s Nāpali Coast
- Powder Skiing at Snowbird and AltaA midweek bluebird powder day comes together perfectly
- Ragnar Trail North Shore OahuA muddy Ragnar trail race on Oahu, my first
- Ragnar Trail TrainingWhat I learned training for a race for 12 weeks
- Oahu 2014Oahu is an island playground
- Kauai 2013Exploring an island paradise
- Skiing in AugustSkiing a sliver of snow during the dog days of summer
- Skiing in JulyThe skiing was the easy part
- TIPS RevisitedTIPS provide protection from inflation, but they are not perfect
- Credit Spread Risk and Your PortfolioCredit spreads are low. What’s the risk?
- Looking Ahead to 2005Relevant stock market phenomena in 2005
- Pay to PlayThe impact of fees on your investment returns
- Learning From Prior Equity Market PatternsWill the stock market repeat itself?
- TIPS, Inflation, and Your PortfolioTIPS are an important tool for protecting your portfolio from inflation
- Reactions to the Attacks on September 11, 2001The American way of life is fragile